JACKSONVILLE – The University of North Florida Athletic Department announced a joint venture partnership with Southeast Orthopedic Specialists, Brooks Rehabilitation and Ascension St. Vincent’s that includes a variety of financial, marketing and service elements. This five-year agreement, initiated on Nov. 1,...Read More
Making Chronic Pain a Thing of the Past
For our patients who suffer with chronic pain as a result of an injury, pain management can be a big help. Pain management includes non-surgical treatments for patients who either are not candidates for surgery or who continue to experience some discomfort after surgery. We offer multiple pain management treatments to help you combat chronic pain in areas such as the neck, back, knees, shoulders and more.
Our Pain Management Specialists
Our specialists will help you determine if you are a candidate for pain management and the treatments we offer that help to rid lasting pain. These treatments are all performed under the direction of our expert pain management specialists, so you can have peace of mind knowing you are in good hands.
Common Pain Management Treatments We Offer:
- Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections (TEFSI) – TEFSI involves injecting both an anesthetic and a steroid directly into the nerve canal and epidural space, alleviating inflammation that causes back or neck pain.
- Cervical Thoracic or Lumbar Facet Injection – These procedures involve injecting a local anesthetic and/or a steroid to anesthetize the facet joints to both diagnose and control the cause of chronic pain.
- Spinal Stimulations – During spinal stimulations, a device is placed underneath the skin that sends mild electrical currents to the spinal cord to mask pain signals before they reach the brain.
- Nerve Ablation – This procedure is completed by cauterizing or ablating a small segment of nerve to cause an interruption in pain signals, reducing the amount of pain felt in a specific area.
- Kyphoplasty – Kyphoplasty is a minimally-invasive operation that is intended to relieve pain brought on by a spinal fracture, stabilize the bone and help restore lost vertebral body height.
Experiencing pain anywhere in your body can leave you feeling unlike yourself. Contact our office as soon as possible so our specialists can get you on the road to recovery quickly. Call us today at 904-634-0640 or click here to request an appointment.