Southeast Orthopedic Specialists has continued to monitor the COVID-19 crisis and has made significant adjustments to our clinical activities to minimize the potential of exposure to both patients and providers. In each of our clinics the check-in areas, waiting rooms...Read More
Aaron M. Bates, MD
Dr. Aaron Bates is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine. He received his medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore, Md. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at UF Health in Jacksonville, Fl. and later completed a fellowship in orthopedic sports medicine at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX.
Previously, Dr. Bates has served as the team physician for the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Jacksonville Sharks. During his medical training he helped to cover the Houston Astros and the Houston Texans. Currently, he is the team physician for the Jacksonville Icemen and Clay County high schools.
Doctor of Medicine
University of Maryland
Bachelor of Science, Biology
Towson State University
- Fellowship, Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, Texas)
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, University of Florida (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Orthopedic House Officer, University of Florida (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Naval Flight Surgeon, Naval Air Station Corpus (Corpus Christi, Texas)
- Student Naval Flight Surgeon, Naval Aerospace Medical Institute (Pensacola, Florida)
- General Medical Officer, United States Naval Academy (Annapolis, Maryland)
- Internship, General Surgery, National Naval Medical Center (Bethesda, Maryland)
- Medical Doctors License, State of Florida
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Patients That Inspire
“Absolutely recommend Dr. Bates. He is my hero. I suffered severe pain for almost a year and a half. I had also heard many horror stories about shoulder replacements and was very reluctant to get one. After talking with Dr. Bates the only option was stay in pain or get the surgery. I saw him on a Friday and had the surgery the following Thursday. It has been six weeks since my surgery and to date there has been no pain. Physical therapy, no pain. I thank Dr. Bates with all my heart.” Mary W.
“I was a junior in high school playing both football and baseball and suffered from a torn labrum in my left shoulder. I was sent to Dr. Bates after several dislocations and much physical therapy. I received surgery from Dr. Bates in December of 2011. After a speedy recovery I was on the baseball field by April 2012. Almost three years later I am now in college and participating in all sorts of intramural sports and other activities with a completely healthy shoulder! Thank you Dr. Bates!” Greg C.
The Bates Team
Ryan Hentkowski, PA-C
Justin McGinnis, PA-C