Front Desk Specialist (Check In/ Check Out)
Description: A non-exempt position responsible for greeting patients, customers, and vendors; Checking patients in/out for their appointments; Directing vendors and visitors to the appropriate area and/or staff personnel; Collecting co-payments and balance payments; Providing friendly customer service to all patients.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum two (2) years experience as a Medical Receptionist preferred.
- Medical terminology a plus
- Ability to type 40wpm
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/ customer service skills
- Strong attention-to-detail skills
Mental/Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, at least 60-70% of the day
- Use hands to type, handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or Hear
- Occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequently lift 0-20 lbs.
- Vision Ability to include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Salary: Hourly + Benefits